Essentials of Risk Management for OHSE Practitioners
Essentials of Risk Management for OHSE Practitioners is a two-day course that provides the OHSE practitioner with the knowledge, skills and tools to be able to provide effective OHSE-focused risk management advice to company management and to exercise leadership in bringing an understanding the principles of OHSE risk management to the workplace. In this manner, the OHSE practitioner contributes to the building of a Safety Culture within or for his or her business or organization.
|Working on the Risk Registry alone was worth the value of this course because I see how it drives change in OHSE Management. Really appreciated the Risk Management Maturity index too as it shows what organizational components need to be worked on. – Vancouver course participant|
Course participants will be able to:
- explain the different levels at which risk management may be applied and value the contributions that the organization, workplace teams, and other stakeholders can give to OHSE risk management;
- use a number of conceptual models and practical tools to assist in defining and explaining OHSE risk management actions;
- use the Risk Registry processes as an effective tool to manage organizational or workplace risks and hazards;Incorporate basic concepts of OHSE Risk Management into the broader field of risk management within the context of a business or organization’s overall culture.
The course exam is provided to participants by email within five business days of course completion. Participants have 4 weeks from the release date to complete the exam, along with a Statement of Independent Completion. This statement shows that the participant has read and understood the exam instructions, and is submitting an independently completed exam, with any and all collaboration and outside resources are acknowledged therein. The exam deadline is final. Only documented emergencies will be considered by the CSSE as extenuating circumstances for any written request for extension. Please note that delay in opening the exam after delivery, new or added work requirements, and holidays/vacation are not considered extenuating circumstances.
Successful completion of CHSC courses requires completion of a CHSC Exam with a minimum 75% standard. Exams require several hours additional time commitment beyond in-class time for the student to demonstrate mastery of the course expectations. The Exam for the Essentials of Risk Management course has technical content questions based on course materials and a Risk Management Case Study wherein the candidate is expected to apply the principles learned on the course.
- CSSE has awarded this course 16 CHSC Maintenance Points.
- The BCRSP has awarded this course 1.0 CMP.
09/14/2018 08:00 -- 09/15/2018 17:00
Niagara Falls ON
10/20/2018 08:00 -- 10/21/2018 17:00
11/24/2018 08:00 -- 11/25/2018 17:00
12/05/2018 08:00 -- 12/06/2018 16:30