Interested in the CHSC program?
To obtain the CHSC certification, you must meet specific criteria and submit an application along with supporting documentation for approval.
The entry requirements for the CHSC Certification Program are:
- Currently be an internal or external health and safety advisor or consultant and have a minimum of five (5) years (60 months) cumulative work experience within the previous seven (7) years with a minimum of 51% HS related duties;
- Have successfully completed either a:
- One-year college or university certificate or diploma program in occupational health,safety or environment (min 300 instruction hours); or
- Two-year college or university non-occupational health, safety or environment certificate or diploma program (min 600 instruction hours);
- Be a current CSSE member; and
- Submit a non-refundable application fee of $100 plus taxes, payable on receipt of application
Documents to upload with your application:
- A current resume of employment history, which includes start/end dates (month/year) of each position, job title, brief description of responsibilities and percentage of OHS duties.
- A current job description
- Copies of transcripts or certificate/diploma for post-secondary education.
The CHSC Certification program is applicable to both internal health and safety advisors or external consultants in private practice. All CHSC holders are CSSE members with liability insurance or company indemnification equivalent.
Approved applicants must successfully complete six CHSC courses in total (including successfully passing the course examinations), comprising of three mandatory courses and three elective courses from the CSSE education offerings. There is no equivalency permitted for CSSE courses.
Please note that this application cannot be saved, so make sure you have all your information at your fingertips!
Ready to start your application?