CSSE Education Webinar Call for Proposals
The Canadian Society of Safety Engineering (CSSE) is seeking proposals from Canadian professionals working in occupational health and safety and environmental practice to develop and present interactive webinars between September and December 2019. Proposals received through this Call for Webinar Proposals will be given first consideration by the Course Management & Development (CMD) Education Subcommittee when putting together the webinar series.
The CMD Subcommittee is seeking high quality proposals on trending issues, hot topics, and key knowledge areas within occupational health, safety, and environmental practice. We seek diversity among our proposed webinars and presenters, and endeavour to promote engaging content with direct application to professional practice. Our program is intended to strengthen the skills of professionals already in the workplace.
To be considered, please review the information below and complete the form found on the CSSE web site. You are welcome to submit as many proposals as you wish; however, presenters will be limited to one webinar (either as a presenter or co-presenter) in this series. The CMD Subcommittee will make recommendations, based upon the criteria below, to the Education Director. Proposals will be selected in consultation with staff and the Executive.
- Relevancy of proposed webinar to the parameters outlined above.
- Clarity of webinar purpose, description, design, and intended results.
- Extent to which the proposal presents cutting-edge ideas, experience and learning within the occupational health, safety and environmental practice.
- Extent to which the proposed webinar addresses the needs of occupational health, safety and environmental professionals.
- Learning outcomes clearly identified and supported by the webinar description.
- Fit of the proposed webinar’s intended outcomes with the design and methodology, including an appropriate degree of participation for all those attending the session.
For a proposal to be considered, ALL information requested within the submission form must be provided. CSSE will notify everyone who submits a proposal whether your proposal was selected by early June 2019. Proposals not selected for this series will be kept on file and be considered in future webinar programming.
Thank you for your consideration and we look forward to receiving your proposal.
Robert Montgomery, CRSP, CHSC
Submission deadline is April 22, 2019