Assessing OHSE Training Needs & Options
Assessing OHSE Training Needs & Options is a two-day course that provides the OHSE practitioner, whether an internal or external consultant, with the introductory knowledge, skills and tools for identifying training needs and evaluating high quality health and safety programs available to meet those needs based on adult learning principles. The course objectives apply to multi-industry training courses.
The emphasis of this course is to learn how to identify training needs through the use of needs assessments, how to identify training options (both in and through outsourcing) and how to evaluate those options to make the best decision and recommendations to management.
It should be noted that this course will not focus on the design or development of the training courses themselves; this will be offered in a second CSSE course.
Assessing OHSE Training Needs and Options is an elective course in the Certified Health and Safety Consultant (CHSC) Program which may also be taken outside of the CHSC Program.
Course participants will be able to:
- Employ strategies and tools for performing a needs analysis
- Determine what training will meet the identified needs
- Identify specific training objectives and appropriate learning tasks
- Evaluate training courses based on the needs analysis, legal requirements, and learning performance objectives
- Advise management on appropriate delivery options
Successful completion of CSSE courses requires completion of an Exam with a minimum 75% standard. Exams require additional time commitment beyond in-class time for the student to demonstrate mastery of the course expectations.
Course Registration Information
- Courses will be confirmed to run 21 days prior to the course start date and participants will be notified by email.
- If a course does not have sufficient enrolment to run, it will be cancelled.
- Courses require a minimum of 13 participants to run although occasional exceptions may be made depending on circumstances
- Participants with unpaid registrations must confirm their attendance by completing payment within one week of the email confirmation date. A payment due date will be included in the email notification.
- Any unpaid registrations will be cancelled 14 days prior to the course start date.
- Confirmed payments in-process from companies will be taken into consideration.
- Links to course materials will be sent to all registered participants 10 days prior to the course start date.
Tax Exempt Registrations
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: In order to be eligible for a GST/HST tax exempt course registration, your registration must be requested and paid by an entity with a CRA Tax Exempt status and number.
Download Tax Exempt Registration Form