Developing Effective OHSE Training Courses
Developing Effective OHSE Training Courses is a two-day course that provides the OHSE practitioner, whether an internal or external consultant, with the introductory knowledge and skills to design effective training courses based on an analysis of organizational and employee needs. Filled with tools and strategies, the course will take course developers through needs analysis, instructional approaches, design and delivery processes, as well as assessment and evaluation elements within an overall Training Management Framework. The course will also assist decision-makers in evaluating the effectiveness of training courses already in place or courses identified for potential implementation. The course outcomes apply to multi-industry training programs.
While it will be touched upon, it should be noted that this course will not focus on the critical identification of training needs and options as this is offered in a separate
Course participants will be able to:
- develop quality learning outcomes which will demonstrate the participants’ ability to integrate their new knowledge, skills, and attitudes effectively in their workplace
- examine the results of a needs analysis to set the training objectives in order to deliver quality learning outcomes
- develop quality lesson plans and course content to meet identified training needs
- analyze delivery methods to ensure the most effective delivery method
- develop appropriate evaluation criteria, strategies, tools, and techniques
Successful completion of CSSE courses requires completion of an Exam with a minimum 75% standard. Exams require additional time commitment beyond in-class time for the student to demonstrate mastery of the course expectations.
Course Registration Information
- Courses will be confirmed to run 21 days prior to the course start date and participants will be notified by email.
- If a course does not have sufficient enrolment to run, it will be cancelled.
- Courses require a minimum of 13 participants to run although occasional exceptions may be made depending on circumstances
- Participants with unpaid registrations must confirm their attendance by completing payment within one week of the email confirmation date. A payment due date will be included in the email notification.
- Any unpaid registrations will be cancelled 14 days prior to the course start date.
- Confirmed payments in-process from companies will be taken into consideration.
- Links to course materials will be sent to all registered participants 10 days prior to the course start date.
Tax Exempt Registrations
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: In order to be eligible for a GST/HST tax exempt course registration, your registration must be requested and paid by an entity with a CRA Tax Exempt status and number.
Download Tax Exempt Registration Form