2019 Board of Directors Election
Slate of Candidates for 2019 & Election for
- Regional Vice President Alberta, NWT, and Nunavut
- Regional Vice President British Columbia / Yukon
- Regional Vice President Ontario / Quebec
- Education Director
Regional Vice-President – Alberta, NWT, and Nunavut
Regional Vice-President – British Columbia / Yukon
Regional Vice-President – Ontario / Quebec
As no nominations were received for the position of Regional Vice-President Ontario / Quebec, this is a Second call for Nominations for the position of Regional Vice-President Ontario / Quebec
To be eligible to hold an elected office, a person must be a voting Member in good standing of the Society, and
In the case of the office of Regional Vice-President, the candidate:
- Shall have served at least two (2) years as Chair of a CHAPTER; OR have served at least four (4) years as a member of a Chapter Executive (Vice-Chair, Secretary, Treasurer); and
- Have been a member of the Society for not less than five (5) years; and
- Reside in the Region for which the office is representative; and
- Have or be in the progress of getting either the CHSC certification or the Professional membership category; and
- Can demonstrate leadership experience in a not-for-profit setting and an understanding of the Canadian safety environment; AND
- Can demonstrate an understanding of the Society’s current strategies and objectives.
Note: Nominations for all positions must have the signature of the candidate indicating acceptance of the nomination, plus the signatures of at least two (2) CSSE members as nominators. For the position of Regional Vice-President, those nominators must reside in the regional jurisdiction.
Once a nomination has been received, the candidate will receive a package requesting information on the required and desired competencies for review by the Nomination Committee. Once the package has been reviewed by the Nomination Committee to ensure that the candidate meets the required competencies, the candidate's name will be added to the election slate.
Please note that new Board Members are invited and encouraged to attend the September 19 - 21, 2019 Board of Directors' Meeting as an observer to assist in familiarizing them with their role and the function of the CSSE Board. Travel and other appropriate expenses will be reimbursed in accordance with Board policy.
Please complete the nomination form and return by email, mail, or fax to the CSSE office to the attention of Perry Ruehlen, Executive Director, by Tuesday, July 2, 2019.
Each candidate for the RVP Alberta / NWT / NU region was provided with the opportunity to submit a one page biography/candidacy statement and a 90-second video sharing with members what specific competencies they would bring to enhance the CSSE and what their vision is for the future of the safety profession. Please take the time to learn more about each of the candidates prior to submitting your vote. A Town Hall meeting is scheduled for Thursday June 20th at 4 pm MST. Details to join the meeting will be shared next week. Also note that only members in good standing in the Alberta / NWT / NU region can vote.
All candidates have signed off on the CSSE Election Code of Ethical Conduct.
Should you have any questions, please contact Perry Ruehlen at [email protected] or 416-646-1600 ext 65.