CSSE 2020 Professional Development Conference
September 27 – 30, 2020
Safety 2020 – A Vision for the Future, Built on the Rock
CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS
The Canadian Society of Safety Engineering (CSSE) is now accepting proposals to present a session at the 2020 Professional Development Conference which is being held in St. John's, Newfoundland, September 27 – 30, 2020. Proposals received through this Call for Presentations are given first consideration by the Conference Committee when putting together the program for the conference.
The Conference Committee seeks high quality proposals on all aspects of occupational health, safety and environmental practice, in Canada and internationally. We seek diversity among our successful proposed sessions and presenters, and focus on interactive formats for sessions and workshops. Our program is put together to strengthen the skills of the professionals already in the workplace. This is a conference for professionals in occupational safety, health and environmental practices. Particular consideration will be given to proposals that fall within one of the following four session types: technical, leading edge, experience based or professional development.
To be considered, please review the information below and complete the form found on the CSSE web site. You are welcome to submit as many proposals as you wish; however, presenters will be limited to one presentation (either as a presenter or co-presenter) for the 2020 Professional Development Conference. Final determination of which proposals are selected is made by the Conference Committee and is based upon the criteria below.
- Relevancy of proposed session to the parameters outlined above.
- Clarity of session purpose, description, design, and intended results.
- Extent to which the proposal presents cutting-edge ideas, experience and learning within the occupational health, safety and environmental practice.
- Extent to which the proposed session addresses the needs of occupational health, safety and environmental professionals.
- Fit of the proposed session’s intended outcomes, design and methodology, including an appropriate degree of participation for all those attending the session.
For a proposal to be considered, ALL information requested within the submission form must be provided. CSSE will notify everyone who submits a proposal for the Conference whether your proposal was selected for the Conference by the end of March 2020. Proposals not selected for the conference will be kept on file and be considered for conference backup or other CSSE events.
Thank you for your consideration and we look forward to receiving your proposal.
Perry Ruehlen, CAE
Submission deadline is October 15, 2019