Course Descriptions & Registration
CSSE is a leader in offering relevant courses in meeting the needs of today's occupational health and safety professional. At CSSE, we offer safety designation programs and career-oriented courses that give you the knowledge and experience to succeed in today's workplace. See for yourself how CSSE can put you on the fast track to success.
Education Update – September 23, 2020
As many of you are aware by now all of our in-person courses have been cancelled due to Covid19. We are working extremely hard to provide every one of the nine courses to our members on-line. The first course offering was very well received. It was Communication Skills for the OH&S Professional. We have filled four courses for this one offering.
At this time, we are taking names of members who would be interested in participating in any of the on-line course offerings. To be added to lists please email [email protected] with your requests.
As the courses fill up, we will contact you with the dates when the courses will run. If they are acceptable to you, we will proceed with the registration process. If you cannot attend on that particular date, we will keep you on the list for the next available course.
We need your help. Please let us know your preference for delivery of the courses. Do you like weekends? Would you like weekdays? Would you like the course split into four sessions possibly Tuesday, Thursday of one week and then Tuesday and Thursday of the next?
Course Registration Rates
CSSE Member: $749.00 plus GST/HST
Non-Member: $949.00 plus GST/HST
- Courses will be confirmed to run 21 days prior to the course start date and participants will be notified by email.
- If a course does not have sufficient enrolment to run, it will be cancelled.
- Courses require a minimum of 13 participants to run although occasional exceptions may be made depending on circumstances
- Participants with unpaid registrations must confirm their attendance by completing payment within one week of the email confirmation date. A payment due date will be included in the email notification.
- Any unpaid registrations will be cancelled 14 days prior to the course start date.
- Confirmed payments in-process from companies will be taken into consideration
- Links to course materials will be sent to all registered participants 10 days prior to the course start date.
Registrants are advised against making travel and accommodation arrangements until they have received an email confirmation stating that the course is proceeding. If you do not receive a confirmation at least 5 days in advance of the course, please contact us .
View our 2020 Course Schedule.
MULTIPLE COURSES & EXAMS: For those registering for courses that run within four weeks of each other (Example: pre or post-conference courses), you may wish to ensure that you are able to commit reasonable time for each exam before registering for multiple offerings. Average minimum completion time per exam is about 20 to 25 hours.
Custom training is available for organizations or groups with a minimum of 13 participants.
If you do not see a course in your area and have at least 13 individuals committed to attending a course, please use the CSSE Course Planning Form to request a course. If you are coordinating this with your Chapter, please also see the CSSE In-house Checklist.
Please contact the CSSE office by phone at 437-374-4340 or by email at [email protected].
* Denotes CHSC Certification program mandatory courses. All other courses are electives. There is no equivalency permitted for CHSC Certification courses.
University of Fredericton – Online Courses
The following courses and certificate programs offered online through the University of Fredericton are independent of the CHSC Certification program and do not count towards completion of the required CHSC Certification courses.