Become a Member
Great Reasons to Join CSSE!
CSSE membership is a must for the safety, health, and environmental professional or business that wants to advance health and safety in the workplace. As a member, you'll receive specialized professional development & resources, stay connected to the profession, be part of an organization with a proud tradition of excellence, and receive discounts that save you money.
See which membership type is right for you.
The CSSE has several membership categories designed to meet your individual needs. One year association membership rates are indicated below. Tax rates are based on your province of residence.
Annual Fee: $205.00 + GST/HST
For members that are currently employed in Occupational Health and Environmental Safety.
Annual Fee: $22.22 + GST/HST
Non-voting category applicable to students who have graduated in an OHSE program in the past two years and/or are currently enrolled on a full-time or part-time basis in an OSHE program at a recognized school, college or university. To qualify students must not be employed on a full-time or part-time basis, as a OSHE specialist or involved in the education, enforcement, administration or monitoring of occupational health and safety. Students must provide proof of studies (i.e. photocopy of recent transcript or student card) with membership application.
Annual Fee: $205.00 + GST/HST
Non-voting category for individuals who provide products and services to the Occupational Health and Environmental Safety profession or who cooperate with the profession.
Annual Fee: $65.00 + GST/HST
Is a CSSE member who has retired from gainful employment in the Occupational Health and Environmental Safety profession and not currently working in a consulting capacity.
Annual Fee: $205.00 + GST/HST
Professional members are existing Regular Members who are qualified to work in the Health, Safety and/or Environmental field and have worked in that capacity for a period of 5 years or more. A separate application process applies.
Annual Fee: $85.00 + GST/HST
A non-voting category for members employed in the Occupational Health and Environmental Safety professional that reside outside Canada.
CSSE's Group Billing Plan is a group-invoice, discount program for organizations that have more than five employees who are members or want to be members of CSSE. By paying CSSE membership fees for the employees registered in the group billing plan, the organization will receive a discount on the overall cost of membership for these employees. All employees registered in the organization's group billing plan will have membership in CSSE.
Dues for each individual member under the plan are based on the established membership fee. Participation of at least 5 to 9 members will allow each member of the group to enjoy a 5% reduction off their membership dues. Participation of 10 or more members will allow each member to enjoy a 10% reduction off their membership dues.
How the Group Billing Plan Works?
Organizations can begin participating in the Group Billing Plan at any time. An organizational contact person must be identified to receive group renewal invoices and to serve as a liaison between the organization and CSSE. Once the plan is initiated, all the individuals within the plan will have the same renewal date. Existing members will have current membership dues pro-rated to match the group billing cycle. New individuals can join at any time during the year but only through the organization contact and their dues will be pro-rated to match the renewal cycle of the plan.
Establish a Group Billing Plan for Your Organization
To set up your group billing plan, simply complete the Group Billing Plan Form and return it to the CSSE office. A staff member will be in touch with you concerning start dates for the plan and the cost for your organization.
For more information, please contact us
Specialized Professional Development & Resources
- Opportunity to gain the professional edge your career needs through CSSE's Certified Health and Safety Consultant (CHSC) certification.
- High quality and informative health and safety professional development courses led by well-trained, knowledgeable instructors - available across Canada.
- Opportunities to connect with other professionals in your community through your local chapter with full calendars of networking and professional development opportunities.
- CSSE members can register to access high-quality webinars in a variety of topic areas such as e-Business, Business and Financial Management, Professional and Personal Development Skills, and more.
- Professional Development Conference that includes sessions that will challenge your thinking and provide practical insight into emerging issues that allows you to transfer your knowledge to the health and safety programs in your organization.
- Thirty-seven established CSSE Chapters in communities across Canada, led by local leadership, that hold regular meetings and professional development sessions.
- Comprehensive resources, which includes a special CSSE Members Area on the CSSE website specially tailored to CSSE members' needs, including resume and job posting services.
- CSSE e-newsletters, reports and updates, and member and Chapter spotlights.
- Social networking opportunities that help establish online safety-related communities and discussions.
- The CSSE's online Member Directory allows members to connect with one another across the country.
Tradition, Recognition, and History
- Founded in 1949 by a small group of workers dedicated to accident prevention, CSSE is now close to 4,000 members strong.
- Originally a provincially-based organization, CSSE is now Canada's largest national and most established professional organization for Health, Safety, and Environmental practitioners.
- CSSE's annual awards program recognizes leaders and safety innovators in Canada's safety landscape.
- One of the founders of Safety and Health Week, CSSE works with its partners every year to focus the attention of employers, employees, the general public and all partners in Occupational Safety and Health on the importance of preventing injury and illness in the workplace, at home and in the community.
Discounts and Savings
- Group savings of CSSE membership dues for organizations that have more than five employees.
- CSSE members receive significant discounts on all of the Society's professional development offerings and on registration for the Professional Development Conference.
- Substantial savings - 50% - on insurance premiums have been negotiated with PROLINK—Canada’s Insurance Connection on Professional Liability/Errors and Omissions Insurance for members. A separate plan is also available for employed or internal OSHE Specialists. All CSSE members in good standing are eligible for these savings subject to an application process and the requirements of the policies. Visit PROLINK to learn more.
- CSSE members have access to comprehensive personal insurance coverage at discounted rates: Gold Plan (PDF) – Premier Plan (PDF) – Visit PROLINK to learn more.
- Home & Auto Insurance for CSSE members; the CSSE is pleased to advise our members that we have a partnership with Johnson Inc. to offer members the Preferred Service Home-Auto Plan.