Safety and Health Week
CSSE, together with our Safety and Health Week partners, work hard to promote and advance the goals of Safety and Health Week.
One of the most important aspects of Safety and Health Week is awareness. We want every workplace and community to have a hand in making Safety and Health Week a success.
The goal of Safety and Health Week is to focus employers, employees, partners and the public on the importance of preventing injury and illness in the workplace, at home and in the community.
This goal seeks to:
- improve attitudes towards safety;
- increase understanding of the importance of occupational safety and health;
- foster a safety-minded culture with increased cooperation; and
- assist in team building and improved communication between employees and employers, safety committees and safety professionals.
We strive to achieve that goal through:
- increasing understanding of the benefits of investment in occupational safety and health;
- raising awareness of the role and contribution of safety and health professionals;
- reducing workplace injuries and illness by encouraging new safety and health activities; and
- generating interest in Safety and Health Week.
Safety and Health Week was last celebrated on May 1-7, 2022
CSSE participated in a live virtual event to kick off hosted by partner Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety. CSSE Chapters hosted a number of professional development and networking events, and members got active in their community for walk events in support of Threads for Life.
We look forward to celebrating together again in 2023!
More details to be announced. Visit back to this page or follow the event website at www.safetyandhealthweek.ca.