2020 Board of Directors Election
Slate of Candidates for 2020 & Election for
- Regional Vice-President for the following regions:
- Atlantic Canada
- Manitoba / Saskatchewan
- British Columbia / Yukon
Regional Vice-President – Atlantic Canada
Mark Balsom Dan Ouellette
Mark's Bio Dan's Bio
Mark's Election video
Regional Vice-President - Manitoba/Saskatchewan
Regional Vice-President - British Columbia/Yukon - An appointment to the next election in 2021
To be eligible to hold an elected office, a person must be a voting Member in good standing of the Society, and
In the case of the office of Regional Vice-President, the candidate:
- Shall have served at least two (2) years as Chair of a CHAPTER; OR have served at least four (4) years as a member of a Chapter Executive (Vice-Chair, Secretary, Treasurer); and
- Have been a member of the Society for not less than five (5) years; and
- Reside in the Region for which the office is representative; and
- Have or be in the progress of getting either the CHSC certification or the Professional membership category; and
- Can demonstrate leadership experience in a not-for-profit setting and an understanding of the Canadian safety environment; AND
- Can demonstrate an understanding of the Society’s current strategies and objectives.
Note: Nominations for all positions must have the signature of the candidate indicating acceptance of the nomination, plus the signatures of at least two (2) CSSE members as nominators. For the position of Regional Vice-President, those nominators must reside in the regional jurisdiction.
Once a nomination has been received, the candidate will receive a package requesting information on the required and desired competencies for review by the Nomination Committee. Once the package has been reviewed by the Nomination Committee to ensure that the candidate meets the required competencies, the candidate's name will be added to the election slate.