Essential Value of OHS Management Systems
The complexity of business and ever-evolving demands for change create an unprecedented exposure to risk for both organizations and their workers. Management Systems provide a method for organizations to tackle complex business needs in a systematic and efficient way. Have you ever considered if an Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS) would be valuable in your organization?
This 2-day course is specifically designed to demonstrate the value of an OHSMS through hands-on exercises, active discussions and the development of a gap analysis that validates choosing an OHSMS. Learn from the experience with your peers as you discuss the strategies and challenges in choosing an OHSMS.
Course participants will be able to:
- identify the elements of an effective OHS Managed System
- evaluate the value of Canadian and Global OHSMS standards
- determine how OHSMS elements support or hinder organizational success
- conduct a systematic review of OHSMS in order to recommend adoption of an OHSMS
Join us to bridge the gap between theory and practice in evaluating the Essential Value of OHS Management Systems.
The course exam is provided to participants by email within five business days of course completion. Participants have 4 weeks from the release date to complete the exam, along with a Statement of Independent Completion. This statement shows that the participant has read and understood the exam instructions, and is submitting an independently completed exam, with any and all collaboration and outside resources are acknowledged therein. The exam deadline is final. Only documented emergencies will be considered by the CSSE as extenuating circumstances for any written request for extension. Please note that delay in opening the exam after delivery, new or added work requirements, and holidays/vacation are not considered extenuating circumstances.
Successful completion of CHSC courses requires completion of a CHSC Exam with a minimum 75% standard. Exams require several hours additional time commitment beyond in-class time for the student to demonstrate mastery of the course expectations. Candidates who fail to successfully challenge a course exam on three separate occasions will be withdrawn from the CHSC program.
- CSSE has awarded this course 16 CHSC Maintenance Points.
Course Registration Information
- Courses will be confirmed to run 21 days prior to the course start date and participants will be notified by email.
- If a course does not have sufficient enrolment to run, it will be cancelled.
- Courses require a minimum of 13 participants to run although occasional exceptions may be made depending on circumstances
- Participants with unpaid registrations must confirm their attendance by completing payment within one week of the email confirmation date. A payment due date will be included in the email notification.
- Any unpaid registrations will be cancelled 14 days prior to the course start date.
- Confirmed payments in-process from companies will be taken into consideration.
- Links to course materials will be sent to all registered participants 10 days prior to the course start date.
Tax Exempt Registrations
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: In order to be eligible for a GST/HST tax exempt course registration, your registration must be requested and paid by an entity with a CRA Tax Exempt status and number.
Download Tax Exempt Registration Form