New Brunswick Chapter
Professional Development Workshop
Working Minds TOGETHER
April 7thth 2020
8:30 – 4:30 pm
Moncton City Hall- Council Chambers
Parking available behind City Hall
Seats are Limited!
Member Registration ONLY until March 13th 2020.
After the 13th then remaining seats will be available for non-members.
Costs $55.00 per member $75.00 for non-members.
Lunch and breaks on your own.
To register follow this link:
Supporting and Leading Employees with Mental Health Concerns
This training is designed to provide leaders within a workplace-environment with the necessary information and strategies to build positive mental health for all employees while effectively supporting individual employees with mental health concerns.
Manager of Programs
Canadian Mental Health Association of New Brunswick
- Exploring the Mental Health Continuum
- Factors which may influence a person’s risk of developing a mental illness
- The Mental Health & Mental Illness Continuum
- Understanding different types of mental illnesses
- Treatment & Recovery
- CMHA Community Based Resource Model
- Stigma & Vulnerability
- Mental Health & Illness in the Workplace
- Understanding the stress response
- Dynamics of demand/control and effort/reward
- Workplace mental health and work-life balance
- Workplace and performance warning signs
- Disclosure in the workplace
- Making a difference in your workplace
- Practical Strategies for Support & Communication
- Building mental and emotional wellness in workplace
- How can an employer help?
- Steps for assessing an employee’s needs for accommodations
- Principles and types of accommodations for mental health concerns
- Effective practices for when an employee returns to work
- Support/communication strategies
- Preventing Crisis, Burnout and Suicide, Understanding Community Resources
- Introduction to basic crisis management, and understanding crisis development
- Developing a wellness/crisis action plan
- Burnout, Compassion Fatigue, Vicarious Trauma
- Where to go: Understanding community resources
Layout: One full day, 7.5 hours total